CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT
Thursday, April 12, 2018
Members present – Tracie McComb, Scotti Pennypacker, Erin Giannone, Megan Dovin, Jenelee Williams, Danielle Caviness, Michael Caviness, Don Conning.
1. Call to order – 7:05pm
2. Approval of minutes – Jenelee made a motion to approve the minutes from the February meeting. 2nd – Scotti. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don
- Discussed Deposits & Payments.
- One check came back for insufficient funds.
- Balance in general fund-$3,865.13
- Total Balance-$23, 100.62
B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg
- Last week just under 100 envelopes came in from the mailing. Approximately 130 tickets were sold from that group of envelopes.
- Danielle forwarded the baseball roster. Tickets will be handed out shortly to the teams.
- Jenelee has offered to help with the handing out envelopes to the families, as well as helping to coordinate the event.
- Advertising will start in May.
- Looking for people to volunteer for the day of the raffle.
- Jenelee made a motion to replace the Dovin’s tent that was damaged by the high winds at last year’s raffle event. Don-2nd. Motion passed unanimously.
C. PTO – Scotti (for Chris)
- Scotti is looking into getting volunteers from her church to help with field clean-up for baseball.
- XNG: still interested in doing some type of donation for baseball, possibly fencing or sponsorship.
- Spring Fair is all set for Saturday, April 14th. Scotti followed up with donors for raffle baskets.
D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
- Moving AED machine to baseball fields.
- Need battery & new pads (adult & pediatric sizes) for one of the machines. $69.00 adult & $38.00 for pediatric, $250 battery.
- Tracie motion to purchase battery & needed pads if 3rd unit works. Don-2nd. Motion passed.
4. Unfinished Business
A. Baseball – Danielle
- Two kids signed-ups this week.
- July 8th game with Rumble ponies. Kids will be on the field and run bases. $7 a ticket.
- Finalizing league schedules.
- Looking for donations from businesses for All-Stars’ team sponsorships.
- Field clean-up Sat, April 14th starting at 8am.
- Team moms: trying to find moms for 2 teams, everyone else is all set.
- Diamond dirt is ordered and will be delivered in time to work with on clean-up day.
- New equipment was ordered: bat, balls, helmets, etc.
- Banners are selling well.
- All teams are sponsored.
- The field groomer has been painted and repaired by Kevin Nagy.
- Girls clinic fell through. Trying to reschedule.
- Clearances need to be completed.
- JP Reilly donated a skid steer and man to run it on clean-up day.
- 2nd clean-up day is April 21st and starts at 8am.
- Code of conduct banners will be hung on fences at baseball fields.
- Approval of flyer for bonanza. Same as last year except for date change. Tracie – motion. Scotti-2nd. Motion passed unanimously.
- Bonanza will be on June 2nd and starts at 9 am.
- Tracie motion to purchase a $250 gift card for Kyle (pitching clinic). Jenelee-2nd. Motion passed.
5. New Business
- Mr. Meehan arranged to have it fixed. Jim Mordovancey fixed the generator and donated his time.
- Don will order to have delivered for next week.
- Looking to revise scholarship application.
- Motion by Tracie to make revisions. Don-2nd. Motion passed unanimously.
- Deadline of May 10th to turn in completed application.
- Awards night will be on June 9th.
- Tracie – President
- Danielle – Vice President
- Don – Treasurer
- Meg & Jenelee – Co-secretaries
- Will be reviewed and revised at a future date.
F. Other Businesses
- Jenelee made 8 baskets to be raffled off at the Spring fair.
- Jenelee will put out “Sports equipment” tote for people to donate used equipment.
- Will discuss donation for St. Brigids at next meeting.
6. Comments & Concerns
7. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Jenelee. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 8:30pm.
Meg Dovin and Jenelee Williams