CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT
Thursday, August 9,2018
Members present – Tracie McComb, Danielle Caviness, Michael Caviness, Don Conning, Mindy Conning, Meg Dovin, Scotti Pennypacker, Brian Pennypacker, Haley Traver
1. Call to order – 7:11pm
2. Approval of minutes – Danielle made a motion to approve the minutes from the June meeting. 2nd -Mike. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don
- Reviewed deposits and payments.
- Sent check to Hawk Insurance for renewal.
- Balance in general fund-$2,400
- Total Balance-$32,023.50
B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg
- Fundraiser, deposits, and expenses were discussed.
- Options or changes for the 2018-2019 raffle were discussed. This will be revisited at the September meeting.
C. PTO -Scotti
- Fundraising and transitioning to Scotti as the new president was discussed
D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
- No report
4. Unfinished Business
A. Baseball – Danielle
- There will be boys and girls fall ball teams.
- The ballfields need work again.
- More equipment will be needed for next year.
- Pictures were taken at Bonanza and framed for Chris McComb. They will be presented at the next schoolboard meeting.
- Montrose joining our league was discussed again.
B. Golf- Tracie for Renee
- 14 kids participated but due to the weather, they were only able to golf 3 out of 5 days.
- No money was spent out of the golf budget.
- A thank you note was received from Madelynn Guinane.
5. New Business
- This is Mindy’s last season as program lead.
- She is looking for potential leads and coaches.
- She is sending home a flyer on the first day of school to finalize sign-ups.
B. Community Directory-Tracie
- CVYAA is listed in the directory with basic information about the organization.
6. Comments and Concerns
- Coaches needed for basketball will be needed this season.
- John and Mike will meet with Kyle to hand-out gift cards for volunteering.
- Promoting CVYAA more on Facebook and Instagram was discussed.
7. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Don. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 8:35 pm.