CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT
Thursday, December 13, 2018
Members present – Tracie McComb, Meg Dovin, Greg Rebello, Greg Adams, Don Conning, and Mike Caviness
1. Call to order – 7:10pm
2. Approval of minutes – Don made a motion to approve the minutes from the October meeting. 2nd -Mike. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don
- Discussed deposits and payments
- Balance in general fund-$11,532.00
- Total balance-$26,271.58
B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg
- Tickets will be handed out to basketball and archery.
C. PTO -Tracie
- PTO will now be holding their own separate meetings.
D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
4. Unfinished Business
A. Archery – Meg/John
- 5 targets need to be replaced
- 60+ students signed-up
- 3 parents were certified to be instructors and help
- The “Shoot for a Cure Tournament is on February 16
B. Boys travel Basketball-Meg/John
- 8 students on the 5th grade team
- 7 students on the 6th grade team
C. Girls travel Basketball-Greg Rebello
- New coaches volunteering are Jason Legg and Andy Welller
D. Wrestling-Tracie for Wade (sent email)
- Youth wrestling began on November 27
- 21 kids are registered
- Registration fee is $15 and will include a shirt
- Practices are Tuesdays and Thursdays 5:30-7 at the high school
- Cole Aukema will be a volunteer coach
5. New Business
- The flyer was approved for registration for spring signups.
- Trying for a “teener” league this year. It would begin after Jr. High ball ends.
- Mike, Danielle, and Haylee Traver now have seats on the Susquehanna County board.
B. Saturday Morning Hoops-Tracie
- Starts January 5, 2019
- The flyer was approved for registration.
6. Comments and Concerns-Tracie
- Jacquie Meehan got the scholarship plaque engraved to update the winners from last year.
- Tracie asked everyone to brainstorm ideas for how to spend the money we have raised.
7. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Don. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 7:48 pm.