Thursday, February 14, 2019
Members present-Danielle Caviness, John Dovin, Meg Dovin, and Tracie McComb
- Call to order– 7:20 pm.
- Approval of minutes– Danielle made a motion to approve the minutes from the January meeting. 2nd-John. Motion passed unanimously.
- Reports of officers and standing committees
- Treasury Report- Danielle (for Don)
- Discussed deposits
- Received 1099’s from Ken Lass for 2018 Sports of all Sorts Raffle.
- Balance in general fund-$10, 128.85
- Total balance-$22, 054.83
- Sports of All Sorts- Meg
- Planning on sending out mailers in mid-March.
- Planning a meeting in April to discuss Bonaza and raffle
- Safety Coordinator-Danielle
- No Report
- Unfinished business
- Archery– John
- Shoot 4 a Cure Tournament will be on February 16
- There are 247 participants registered.
- Boys Travel Basketball – John
- The fifth-grade tournament is the weekend of the February 9 in Mountain View.
- The sixth-grade tournament is the weekend of February 16 in Elk Lake.
- The end-of-the year party for both teams is on February 19.
- League rules were discussed and the need for clarification.
- Girls Travel Basketball-Tracie (for Greg)
- The 5th grade team wrapped up their season last weekend.
- The 6th grade has their tournament this weekend.
- They will have an end of the year party the week of February 25.
- Andy Weller has agreed to come back and coach the 5th grade team next year and Jason will most likely coach the 6th grade team.
- Saturday Morning Hoops-Tracie
- There were about 55 participants.
- The last week will be February 22 and t-shirts will be handed out.
- Wrestling-Tracie (read Wade’s email)
- We consistently have between 17-20 kids at youth practice.
- We missed 5 practices due to the bad weather
- Tonight, 2/13, the youth will be doing warmups and inter-squad matches on the big mat before the JH and Varsity Meet.
- Sunday, 2/17, at least 5 wrestlers will be competing in the Athens Novice Tournament.
- Tuesday, 2/19, is “Bring a Girl to Practice Night.”
- Girls wrestling is the fastest growing sport in the nation and Meteors Youth Wrestling has been proud to be at the forefront of this evolution of the sport.
- Thursday, 2/21 the youth will be hosting a tri-meet with Mountain View and Blue Ridge in the High School Gym 5:15pm.
- Hoping to have a good number of wrestlers enter the Blue Ridge Tournament on March 3rd.
- Former Youth Club Wrestlers continue to excel:
Joe Hester is closing in on the school record for number of wins (he currently has 123; the record is 127)
Dylan Geertgens won the Lackawanna League Championship for the second consecutive year and is the Pennsylvania Junior Wrestling Area 12 Runner-Up and will wrestle at PJW States in Johnstown March 2nd and 3rd.
Makeela Fabrizio has been in the starting lineup for Penn College.
- I have requested the balance of the youth wrestling fund from Don.
- The second sign-up night was on February 11.
- An informational coaches meeting will be on Monday, February 18.
- A winter camp/clinic for boys will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-7.
- A winter camp/clinic for girls will be on Mondays and Wednesdays from 5-7.
- A pitching clinic for the girls will be from 7-8:30.
- March 2 there will be a league meeting in Towanda.
- Dick’s app “Game changer” will be used next year for parents to sign-up online to eliminate sign-ups at school. There would be less paperwork. The information would go directly into a spreadsheet.
- New Business
- Spring Fair Baskets (Tracie for Jenelee)
- Meg made a motion to give $200 from CVYAA to PTO for Jenelee to make raffle baskets for the Spring Fair. 2nd John. Motion passed.
- Used sporting equipment will be collected again for Spring Fair.
- Comments and Concerns
- Adjourn meeting-Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Danielle. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:05.
Meg Dovin, CVYAA Secretary