CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Members present – Tracie McComb, John Dovin, Don Conning, Mike Caviness, Danielle Caviness, Jenelee Williams, Nathan Williams, Haylee Traver, Mindy Conning.
1. Call meeting to order. Called to order 7:25pm
2. Approval of minutes. Motion to approve minutes from last meeting – Tracie. Second-John. Motion – passed.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don
- Deposit for Wrestling
- $250 to go to general fund from Archery
- $600 moved from PayPal to bank 1/10/19
- Balance in general fund-$11,532.00
- Total balance-$25,055.37
B. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
- Redo pads for AED’s (looking into getting new pads and the other AED up and running)
4. Unfinished Business
A. Archery – Meg/John
- At half-way mark
- 4th, 5th, & 6th have been scoring for a couple of weeks.
- Shoot for a cure – Feb 16th- Sold out in about 1 ½ hours.
- Opened few more flights, only 23 spots.
- 234 commitments so far.
- Pump & Pantry donating most of the pizzas.
B. Boys travel Basketball-Meg/John
- Half-way point
- 5th & 6th grade doing great.
- Kids learning a lot & having fun.
C. Girls travel Basketball-Mindy
- 6th grade only lost one game
- 5th grade building season lots of new players.
D. Wrestling-Tracie for Wade (sent email)
- Back to practice on the 8th after taking time off for Christmas & New Years.
- Several youth wrestlers traveled to Elk Lake to watch JH/ Varsity on 1/3
- Turned all registration money into Don.
- Check needed from CVYAA for youth wrestling shirts $239.78
- Photos on 1/15
- Planning a dual meet vs. mountain view on 1/19
E. Saturday Hoops-Tracie
- Over 50 kids.
- Erin Giannone, Jason Legg, & Matt Riemel are helping.
- Registration next week.
- League President to attend 1st coaches meeting.
- Possible Teener team
- Need new umpire gear, helmets, catchers gear, etc… for season.
- Baseball asking for a couple bigger items from general fund. Tarps for fields, Bases ($350 per set) need 2 sets, possibly use heavy duty garden fabric as tarps (John to get price)
- Motion made to purchase Bases – Tracie. Second – Mindy. Motion -passed.
- Majors & Minors will have try-outs and draft.
- Possible interview for Coaches
- Coaches code of conduct.
5. New Business
A. Sam’s Club Card
- Jenelee Renewed card.
6. Comments and Concerns-Tracie
- Grades from Scholarships came in, checks sent.
- Motion for $50 raffle basket for Dominic Hall Benefit – Tracie. Second-Danielle. Motion – passed.
- Jenelee to make raffle basket.
- Motion to buy 4 rollers for wrestling mats at no more than $600.00 -Tracie. Second-John. Motion – Passed.
- Motion to pay website domain of $333.15 for 3 more years – Jenelee. Second – Tracie. Motion – passed.
7. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Don. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 8:10 pm.