January meeting minutes

CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Members present – Tracie McComb, John Dovin, Don Conning, Mike Caviness, Danielle Caviness, Jenelee Williams, Nathan Williams, Haylee Traver, Mindy Conning.

 

1. Call meeting to order. Called to order 7:25pm

2. Approval of minutes. Motion to approve minutes from last meeting – Tracie. Second-John. Motion – passed.

3. Reports of officers and standing committees

A. Treasury Report- Don

  • Deposit for Wrestling
  • $250 to go to general fund from Archery
  • $600 moved from PayPal to bank 1/10/19
  • Balance in general fund-$11,532.00
  • Total balance-$25,055.37

B. Safety Coordinator – Danielle

  • Redo pads for AED’s (looking into getting new pads and the other AED up and running)

4. Unfinished Business

A. Archery – Meg/John

  • At half-way mark
  • 4th, 5th, & 6th have been scoring for a couple of weeks.
  • Shoot for a cure – Feb 16th- Sold out in about 1 ½ hours.
  • Opened few more flights, only 23 spots.
  • 234 commitments so far.
  • Pump & Pantry donating most of the pizzas.

B. Boys travel Basketball-Meg/John

  • Half-way point
  • 5th & 6th grade doing great.
  • Kids learning a lot & having fun.

C. Girls travel Basketball-Mindy

  • 6th grade only lost one game
  • 5th grade building season lots of new players.

 

D. Wrestling-Tracie for Wade (sent email)

  • Back to practice on the 8th after taking time off for Christmas & New Years.
  • Several youth wrestlers traveled to Elk Lake to watch JH/ Varsity on 1/3
  • Turned all registration money into Don.
  • Check needed from CVYAA for youth wrestling shirts $239.78
  • Photos on 1/15
  • Planning a dual meet vs. mountain view on 1/19

E. Saturday Hoops-Tracie

  • Over 50 kids.
  • Erin Giannone, Jason Legg, & Matt Riemel are helping.

F. Baseball-Danielle

  • Registration next week.
  • League President to attend 1st coaches meeting.
  • Possible Teener team
  • Need new umpire gear, helmets, catchers gear, etc… for season.
  • Baseball asking for a couple bigger items from general fund. Tarps for fields, Bases ($350 per set) need 2 sets, possibly use heavy duty garden fabric as tarps (John to get price)
  • Motion made to purchase Bases – Tracie. Second – Mindy. Motion -passed.
  • Majors & Minors will have try-outs and draft.
  • Possible interview for Coaches
  • Coaches code of conduct.

5. New Business

A. Sam’s Club Card

  • Jenelee Renewed card.

6. Comments and Concerns-Tracie

  • Grades from Scholarships came in, checks sent.
  • Motion for $50 raffle basket for Dominic Hall Benefit – Tracie. Second-Danielle. Motion – passed.
  • Jenelee to make raffle basket.
  • Motion to buy 4 rollers for wrestling mats at no more than $600.00 -Tracie. Second-John. Motion – Passed.
  • Motion to pay website domain of $333.15 for 3 more years – Jenelee. Second – Tracie. Motion – passed.

7. Adjourn meeting

  • Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Don. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 8:10 pm.

 

Respectfully submitted,

Jenelee Williams