January Meeting minutes

CVYAA/PTO Meeting Minutes-Draft

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Members present-Danielle Caviness, Mike Caviness, Don Conning, Jenelee Williams, John Dovin, Alex Harvilchuck, and Tracie McComb

  1. Call to order– 7:05 pm.
  2. Approval of minutes– John Dovin made a motion to approve the minutes from December meeting. 2nd-Danielle. Motion passed unanimously.
  3. Reports of officers and standing committees
  1. Treasury Report- Don
  • Balance- $20,342. 72 General fund- $5,715.88.
  • Boys and girls travel basketball are combined on the treasurer’s report.
  • Ken Lass’s office reported to save receipts for taxes for seven years.
  1. Sports of All Sorts- Tracie (for Meg)
  • Mailings will go out when goal sheet is made to enclose with applications.
  1. PTO-Tracie (for Chris Smith)
  • Scotti Pennypacker taking over for Chris Smith after Spring Fair.
  1. Safety Coordinator-Danielle
  • Danielle will write “Thank You” card for the use of the hall for the CPR class.
  1. Unfinished business
  1. Boys Travel Basketball – Tracie
  • Both teams are working hard and learning.
  • Fifth grade record is better than sixth grade record.
  • Both teams are going on January 30 to the boys Varsity game to be introduced at half time.
  1. Girls Travel Basketball-Tracie (for Erin)
  • Sixth grade team is undefeated.
  • Girls were introduced at a Varsity game last week.
  1. Baseball-Danielle
  • Signups will be on Sunday, January 14 from 12-2.
  • Online signup is up and running.
  • Two banners were already sold this year.
  • Uniforms are being discussed.
  • Bat changes for boys must be USSSA approved.
  • Waiting to hear if we got a grant through Susquehanna for bats.
  • Big expense to update bats this year for minors and majors.
  • Wish list-temporary fencing for softball field, bases, permanent pitching blocks, electronic scoreboard, equipment shed and new fencing for Legg’s field.
  1. Baseball meeting with Montrose-Danielle
  • Montrose is discussing our proposal to play in the league together and will get back to us.
  1. Website-Tracie
  • Email was sent to leads about wish lists.
  • Junior golf tournament is no longer a goal and will be taken off list.
  • An update to list will be made and put on website and on an insert to be mailed with applications.

5. New Business

  1. Scholarships-Tracie
  • Thank you” notes from Emily Hare and Hailey Rapisardi were read out loud and grades were enclosed.
  • $500 checks were written to the two of them.
  1. Wrestling-Tracie (emailed from Wade)
  • There are still 12 youth wrestlers participating. All are learning and having fun.
  • Practice will continue to be Tuesdays and Thursday 5:30-7pm at the High School.
  • T-shirts were ordered from CustomInk at a cost of $108.84, due to arrive 1/17/18.
  • I still have $180 in registration money to turn in to Don.
  • The Wrestling Booster Club is hosting Vera Bradley Bingo again on 1/21. Tickets can be purchased from any JH/Varsity Wrestler or by seeing Andrea Aukema.
  • I am working on setting up youth dual meets with Mountain View and Blue Ridge near the end of the season (February).
  • I am hoping to have some youth wrestlers compete at the Blue Ridge Tournament on 2/17.
  • I would like to recommend Cole Aukema, Makeela Fabrizio and Mikyle Fabrizio for the CVYAA Scholarship. All three seniors were part of the very first season of Meteors Youth Wrestling back in 2009. They have continued to wrestle since and along with junior Joey Hester have been instrumental in the resurgence of Montrose Wrestling. All also played CVYAA Baseball.
  • Senior Night for varsity wrestling is 1/25/18.
  1. Saturday Morning Hoops-Tracie
  • There were 43 participants at the first practice.
  • Money will be turned into Don at the next meeting.
  1. Court Cart-Tracie
  • Tracie McComb made a motion to purchase Court Cart for basketball. 2nd Danielle. Motion passed.
  1. Comments and Concerns
  • Alex Harvilchuck wanted information about possibly continuing girls’ basketball after the travel season ends.
  • He is going to gather information and things needed for the February meeting and present it to the board.
  1. Adjourn meeting-Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Jenelee. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:15.