CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT
Thursday, March 15, 2018
Members present – Tracie McComb, Scotti Pennypacker, Brian Pennypacker, Erin Giannone, Megan Dovin, John Dovin, Jenelee Williams, Danielle Caviness, Michael Caviness, Don Conning.
1. Call to order – 7:03pm
2. Approval of minutes – John made a motion to approve the minutes from the February meeting. 2nd – Jenelee. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don
- Purchased basketball cart
- Discussed deposits & payments.
- Balance in general fund- $19,296.38
B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg
- All mailings went out.
- Will hand out raffle tickets to baseball next.
- Will advertise starting in May.
C. PTO – Scotti (for Chris)
- Spring Fair is April 14th.
- Looking for basket donations.
- CVYAA will donate at least 8 baskets.
- Still waiting to hear back from XNG regarding donations.
D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
- Nothing new to report.
4. Unfinished Business
A. Boy’s Travel Basketball -John/Tracie
- End of season party, kids received shirts and had a pizza party.
B. Girl’s Travel Basketball- Erin
- Undefeated season for 6th grade.
- Will do end of season party soon.
- $315.73 for concessions turned in.
- Drawstring bags will be handed out at the party.
C. Baseball – Danielle
- 123 kids signed up.
- There will be 3 T-ball teams, 3 Instructional teams, 2 Teams for Boys’ minors, 1 Boys majors, 1 Girls’ majors, and 1 Girls’ minors team.
- Child abuse background checks are MANDATORY. Volunteers can’t coach without them.
- There are more sponsors than teams. There may have to be more than 1 sponsor per team to help offset costs of new bats and equipment.
- Field clean-up day to be determined.
- Bridgewater church offered to help with field clean-up.
- All coaches will be asked to donate their time to help with clean-up.
- A microwave was donated for the concession stand.
- Boys’ pitching clinic is being held on Tuesday and Thursday’s for minors and majors. There is great Response!
- Girls clinic will be on April 7th.
- Coaches are attending boys’ clinic to learn fundamentals and mechanics to help coach and instruct their teams.
- Jenelee is heading up baseball concession stands.
- Looking into getting the generator for baseball season.
5. New Business
- Basketball concession leftovers will be used for baseball.
- All items marked baseball are in PTO closet.
- Will be held during March meeting.
- Current board is up for re-election.
C. Comments and Concerns
6. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd John. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 7:52pm.