CVYAA/PTO Meeting Minutes
Thursday, March 14, 2019
Members present-Danielle Caviness, John Dovin, Meg Dovin, Tracie McComb, Larry Micks, Jenelee Williams, and Mike Caviness
- Call to order– 7:05pm.
- Approval of minutes– Danielle made a motion to approve the minutes from the February meeting. 2nd-Jenelee. Motion passed unanimously.
- Reports of officers and standing committees
- Treasury Report- Don
- Reviewed Report- balance in general fund-$9,058.90
- Total balance-$ 22,054.83
- Sports of All Sorts- Meg
- Planning on sending out mailers in April
- Jenelee will update Facebook & Website
- Safety Coordinator-Danielle
- Request for CPR class.
- Unfinished business
- Archery– John
- QDMA Letter was sent out to request help in purchasing targets and other equipment.
- Donation to St. Jude’s of $1500 for 2019 and $1500 for 2018.
- $6522.75 to be deposited.
- We have 2 t-ball teams, 2 boys coach-pitch, 2 girls coach-pitch, 2 boys minors, 1 boys majors, 1 girls minors, and 1 girls majors.
- We have a boys junior team this year.
- Boys and girls minor and majors clinics are going well with skills assessments coming up at the end of March.
- Boys majors skill assessments will be at the Sportsplex 3/29/19.
- Coaches and league officials will be doing assessment.
- Talking to varsity baseball coach about setting up time to discuss coaching techniques.
- Softball pitching and batting clinics are going well.
- Looking at setting up a BU softball game this spring.
- Next coaches meeting 3/18/19.
- New Business
- Tracie will schedule an audit after tax season.
- Basketball with coach Hawkins
- Tracie sent an invitation to all boys & girls travel & junior high players.
- By Laws
- Tracie is correct grammatical errors, format and spacing right now.
- Chocolate & Wine Festival
- May 18,2019 and a $50.00 fee
- There is a limit to two free tickets for volunteers.
- Tracie- motion to pay for volunteers on top of the 2 free, but no more than 6. 4 tickets total. Jenelee – 2nd. Motion passed unanimously.
- April meeting for officers.
- Email Tracie if interested in a board position.
- Don will call to order.
- Tracie will put in guidance office.
- Due May 6.
- June 1st is awards night.
H. Soccer Lead.
- Need new soccer lead, Jenelee will post position on website and Facebook.
I. Youth Sports Night
- Binghamton Devils game is April 6, 2019. Discount tickets.
- Comments and Concerns
- Invite new “Chris Tripp” to next meeting.
- Joe Hester placed 8th at states in wrestling. He is the career wins leader for Montrose with 133 wins.
- Program lead forms due.
- Adjourn meeting-Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Danielle. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:05.
Meg Dovin, CVYAA Secretary
Jenelee Williams, Assistant Secretary