May meeting minutes

CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT

Thursday, May 10,2018

Members present – Tracie McComb, Jenelee Williams, Danielle Caviness, Michael Caviness, Don Conning, Nathan Williams, Renee Hare.

1. Call to order – 7:12pm

2. Approval of minutes – Danielle made a motion to approve the minutes from the February meeting. 2nd – Don. Motion passed unanimously.

3. Reports of officers and standing committees

A. Treasury Report- Don

  • Discussed deposits and payments.
  • Met with Ken Lass … Taxes are done.
  • Archery balance updated to correct balance.
  • Balance in general fund-$3,698.69
  • Total Balance-$17,003.94

B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg

  • No Update

C. PTO –

  • No Update

D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle

  • Have not heard back from Rep on battery & Pads.

4. Unfinished Business

A. Baseball – Danielle

  • Online store will be up today or tomorrow.
  • All-stars – No coaches have volunteered yet. June 3rd for boys in Rush and June 1st for girls in Auburn to tryout.
  • Games are going well.
  • End of year moving up – sending email out to parents with questions same as last year.
  • No medals or trophies this year.
  • Bonanza (via Jenelee) Things are going well. Got sponsors for stuff. Still looking for teenage volunteers.
  • CJ’s pizza donated $500 to cover bats. In return, a parent from our league bought banner to hang for CJ’s Pizza.

B. Chocolate and Wine – Danielle

  • 2:30pm-7:30pm
  • Danielle and Tracie will send out email for volunteers to sign-up to work.
  • Danielle & Mike will set-up.

C. Donations

  • $200 gift card & $50 restaurant certificate for Kyle for doing baseball clinics.
  • Church – Table till next meeting

D. Scholarships

    • The third recipient from last year has now received her scholarship.
    • 8 applications – with a cap 3-5.
    • Danielle & Colby will hand out awards at awards ceremony.
    • Vote to Tracie by Thursday, May 16, 2018.

5. New Business

A. Golf

  • July 10th – 5 weeks – grades 4th -7th
  • Send out flyer June 4th
  • Have clubs, but need balls
  • Same sign-up sheet as last year.
  • Motion to approve flyer – Tracie 2nd – Danielle Motion passed.

B. Mowing Legg’s Field

  • Corson boys are willing to mow for same price – see if they are willing to mow after the season.
  • Mark Fraser mowing once a week and donating his time and equipment during the season.

6. Comments and Concerns

7. Adjourn meeting

  • Danielle made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd Nathan. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 8:02pm.