May Meeting Minutes
May 9, 2019
Members present: Jenelee Williams, Nicki Goff, Tracie McComb, Don Conning, Meg Dovin, Danielle Caviness, & Michael Caviness.
- Call Meeting to order: 7:10pm
- Approval of minutes: Nicki- motion to approve minutes. Jenelee – 2nd. Motion-passed.
- Reports of officers & standing committees:
- Paid for Porta- Johns
- Deposits for Archery, Basketball, & Baseball
B. Sports of All Sorts- Meg
- Discussed advertising and ticket sales.
- Safety Coordinator- Danielle
- There is an AED at Girl’s field, Legg’s, & Majors field.
- Looking into a date to hold CPR class.
- There are new first aid kits at all fields.
A. Archery Donation-Tracie/John
- QDMA gave a $2074 donation toward new targets & bow strings. Tracie will be sending a thank you.
- Uniforms were passed out; pictures will be taken soon-may have to rescheduled due to weather.
- Jenelee & Nate Williams donated tractor to organization.
- Games have started and teams are doing well.
- Thank you to everyone for helping with the baseball fields. They look amazing and we appreciate coaches helping and raking the fields after games.
- Will schedule a date to meet and discuss setup and details for concessions.
- Chocolate & Wine festival-Danielle
- Volunteers have filled positions needed to sell tickets.
- Soccer- Nikki
- New Registration form to go out.
- New net needed for large goal frame and new balls needed as well.
- Looking into organizing games with other schools.
5. New Business:
A. Canes for a cause-Jenelee
- “Dandy” in Little Meadows has offered to sell candy canes for $1 for CVYAA. We must provide 501C3 form.
B. Church League using softball field-Mike
- There are issues with church group leaving the field in poor condition.
- Credit Card-Don
- Discussed putting second name on credit card account, will revisit topic next February.
D. Donation to Newman Hall-Tracie
- $200 donation to St. Brigid/Newman Hall. Tracie – motion. Danielle – 2nd. Motion-passed.
- Mowing at Legg’s Field-Mike
- Spoke with Corsons about having Kayden mowing the field.
- Voting on Scholarships:
- Decisions need to be made by Thursday, May 16th.
- June 1st – awards night.
G. Summer meetings-Tracie
- Next meeting Thursday, June 20th. 7pm.
6. Comments & Concerns
7. Adjourn Meeting-Tracie
- Meeting Adjourned at 8:35pm.
Meg Dovin & Jenelee Williams