CVYAA/PTO MEETING MINUTES -DRAFT
Thursday, September 13, 2018
Members present – Tracie McComb, Danielle Caviness, Meg Dovin, Scotti Pennypacker, Haylee Traver, John Dovin, Karneshia Kuwaye, Diana Hicks, Jenelee Williams, Thad Corson, Nicole Fearnley, Stacey Roberts
1. Call to order – 7:05pm
2. Approval of minutes – Danielle made a motion to approve the minutes from the June meeting. 2nd -Scotti. Motion passed unanimously.
3. Reports of officers and standing committees
A. Treasury Report- Don (via Tracie)
- Checks for Meg (SOAS) & Danielle (Baseball) were given.
- Adjustments made to June & July reports for SOAS & Baseball.
- Motion to move money from SOAS to general fund of $13,000 leaving $3,874.96 in SOAS. Tracie-motion John-second. Motion passed unanimously.
- Bill for mowing for Corson boys $240.00
B. Sports of All Sorts – Meg
- Price & Quantity for SOAS were discussed
- Tickets: $20 Tracie-motion Jenelee-second. Motion passed unanimously.
- Tickets: 1,500 John-motion Stacie- second. Motion passed.
- Date: June 8, 2019 Tracie-motion Jenelee-second. Motion passed unanimously.
- Time: 12:00pm Tracie-motion Danielle-second. Motion passed unanimously.
C. PTO -Scotti
- Changes to Halloween Spooktackular- No trunk or treat, just party (a week before Halloween)
- Ice Cream party rewarded to 1 class per grade with box top fundraiser.
- PTO board- hoping to create a group of people to run program and delegate responsibilities.
- Creating Facebook page for PTO.
- Save around fundraiser coming soon.
D. Safety Coordinator – Danielle
- AED & 1st aid kit in pavilion will be brought into school when temperatures turn cold.
4. Unfinished Business
A. Baseball – Danielle
- 1 girl’s fall ball team.
- Facebook page started for Baseball & Softball.
- Meeting with Montrose to consider joining Choconut.
- Looking into girls’ instructional teams.
- Registration in January.
- At least 75 kids signed up.
- Concession stand volunteers-going well.
- Looking for new soccer lead for next year.
5. New Business
- Mike spoke with Chris Tripp about using school mower.
- Need to be covered by CVYAA insurance to use it. Will have Don find out.
- Mr. McComb stepping down after 12 years of running the archery program.
- John Dovin will take over as lead.
- Need Volunteers & training for new volunteers.
6. Comments and Concerns
- Thank you from Samantha Gurn for scholarship.
- Looking into playground areas of concern that may need to be fixed.
7. Adjourn meeting
- Tracie made a motion to adjourn meeting. 2nd John. Motion passed unanimously. Meeting adjourned 9:18 pm.